Solved

windows 7 home premium not genuine?

when i logged on to my pc today i got a message for the first time saying that my windows 7 home premium 64-bit is NOT genuine. after restarting my pc, windows is now detected as non-genuine and i cannot add a wallpaper and it has this watermark at the bottom-right of my desktop.

does anyone know why this has happened or is there anyway to fix it without illegal cracks or something?

i am operating windows 7 home premium 64-bit build 7601
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about windows home premium genuine
  1. I had the same problem about a month ago, I ended up calling the automatic number to get it to verify I had a legit copy. heres a link to Microsoft's website on how to verify it. I used the method at the bottom of the page.
  2. roguecomgeek said:
    I had the same problem about a month ago, I ended up calling the automatic number to get it to verify I had a legit copy. heres a link to Microsoft's website on how to verify it. I used the method at the bottom of the page.


    the problem is i don't actually have or know my product key or i'll see if i can find it at least. no is there any other way i can activate windows without needing to type in my product key because i might have lost it?
    or maybe i could install windows 8 since i have a legit key for that but i don't want to format my hard drive and lose my files
  3. Woops didnt read your response close enough. :/ ya your kinda in a pickle then :(.
  4. roguecomgeek said:
    Woops didnt read your response close enough. :/ ya your kinda in a pickle then :(.


    is there anyway my product key is stored in my computer and i can find it to use it and re-activate my windows?
  5. Osoclocker69 said:
    roguecomgeek said:
    Woops didnt read your response close enough. :/ ya your kinda in a pickle then :(.


    is there anyway my product key is stored in my computer and i can find it to use it and re-activate my windows?


    There is no way to get it genuine again If you don't have the product key.
    I guess your only option to get genuine windows again is you know what ... :ouch:
  6. Trimax said:
    Osoclocker69 said:
    roguecomgeek said:
    Woops didnt read your response close enough. :/ ya your kinda in a pickle then :(.


    is there anyway my product key is stored in my computer and i can find it to use it and re-activate my windows?


    There is no way to get it genuine again If you don't have the product key.
    I guess your only option to get genuine windows again is you know what ... :ouch:


    thank you ;)

    i decided to upgrade to windows 8 and i will do that tomorrow.
    will i lose all my games and applications during the upgrade? i just need to know so i can start putting them into cd's to reinstall them after the upgrade
  7. Best answer
    Osoclocker69 said:
    Trimax said:
    Osoclocker69 said:
    roguecomgeek said:
    Woops didnt read your response close enough. :/ ya your kinda in a pickle then :(.


    is there anyway my product key is stored in my computer and i can find it to use it and re-activate my windows?


    There is no way to get it genuine again If you don't have the product key.
    I guess your only option to get genuine windows again is you know what ... :ouch:


    thank you ;)

    i decided to upgrade to windows 8 and i will do that tomorrow.
    will i lose all my games and applications during the upgrade? i just need to know so i can start putting them into cd's to reinstall them after the upgrade


    I'm sure that if you have go from Windows 7 to 8 that you will have to reinstall everything as applications have Win 7 & Win 8 versions. So I would just install a clean install of the OS and reinstall everything it will speed up your PC anyway and de-clutter everything!

    Hope this helps!
  8. Trimax said:
    Osoclocker69 said:
    Trimax said:
    Osoclocker69 said:
    roguecomgeek said:
    Woops didnt read your response close enough. :/ ya your kinda in a pickle then :(.


    is there anyway my product key is stored in my computer and i can find it to use it and re-activate my windows?


    There is no way to get it genuine again If you don't have the product key.
    I guess your only option to get genuine windows again is you know what ... :ouch:


    thank you ;)

    i decided to upgrade to windows 8 and i will do that tomorrow.
    will i lose all my games and applications during the upgrade? i just need to know so i can start putting them into cd's to reinstall them after the upgrade


    I'm sure that if you have go from Windows 7 to 8 that you will have to reinstall everything as applications have Win 7 & Win 8 versions. So I would just install a clean install of the OS and reinstall everything it will speed up your PC anyway and de-clutter everything!

    Hope this helps!


    don't worry bro, the upgrade was successful and it kept everything. it gave me the option that many other people don't get while upgrading to windows 8 is "Keep settings, personal files and apps" and most people only get "Keep settings and personal files". there has been some apps that i have had to either reinstall, remove, or update, such as XFast USB an app from my motherboard which is not windows 8 compatible, but XFast LAN works fine.

    thank you for helping me out through this and i did uninstall a lot of crap that i don't use and i'll try and find some more :D
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows 7 Wallpaper
get-Office-Professional-Plus-2013-suite  windows-8.1-standard-key  Download-Windows-7-Ultimate-SP1-Key  windows-home-premium-key  free-windows-7-server-license-key  adobe-acrobat-xi-pro-11.03-keygen  windows-home-premium-genuine-key  office-2010-activation-key